Moonlight Update (1.0.1)
This update brings some much needed bug fixes. I’ve also implemented a lot of user suggestions, such as customizable controls, a tutorial, and much more! That’s not to say there might not be other bugs to find, so let me know if you experience anything goofy!
- The camera was all wonky when you changed levels while in Rosco’s balloon. This has been fixed.
- If you left the game at anytime after you first hop into the boat, and try to come back later, it could break your progression. This has been fixed.
- Customizable controls. There is keyboard support and multiple XInput gamepad support.
- Bubble jumping has been tweaked to be less bouncy horizontally. I have also moved or added extra bubbles to make things easier.
- The nasty upside down bubble jumping area in the caves, has had the gap filled in where the player could die. Now you can just focus on bouncing!
- The route to Lanuno’s wand is now clearer. I not only added more arrow signs, I’ve added an effect to make the wand more visible.
- I made the camera move almost twice as fast to the resurrection statue when the player dies.
- I added signs throughout the game world to help with navigation. Especially where you can walk off screen to the next area.
- I implemented a method to upload your Gamejolt trophies you have earned offline. This is automatic, nothing extra is required from the player.
- Instead of doing character portraits and removing the speech bubble, as suggested, I opted to color the character’s name in the dialog.
- I’ve removed some of the redundant laughing from the dialog.
- You can now talk to Lanuno again to see the hologram which shows Tupelo’s puzzle. Just in case you need another look.
- The input system system has been completely re-written. This has given a performance increase, due to eliminating unnecessary checks and function calls.
- There are now two routes up to Mayo’s detonator. The second route has only four bubbles, but requires a bit more jumping skill, or luck!
- The vertical sync mode has been changed to an alternate mode, this should provide even smoother gameplay.
- Since Moonlight has been given the green light on Steam, I have removed the support button on the menu
- A tutorial regarding the game’s controls has been added. It will only appear once upon a fresh start.